Wednesday, May 28, 2008

love...Sex and the City style

Year after year, twenty something women come to New York City in search of the two “L”s: labels and love. Twenty years ago, I was one of them. Having gotten the knack for labels early…I concentrated on love.” Carrie Bradshaw


Finally! The movie that I am very eager to watch for the past 6 months since I’ve heard it and happened last night. Hides, Beth, and I watched the last full show of Sex and the City in Mall of Asia and went home at 1:00 am.

I’m a Sex and the City fanatic since season 1…I guess 1999 or 2000 was the year that I first watched it on TV (HBO Asia). At first I thought it was all about sex but after I watched 2-3 episodes of the first season….it was about MANOLOs (Manolo Blahnik), it was about relationship, it was about love…finding a perfect person to live happily ever after and of course their sex life. Season 6 was bitin. Because after Carrie realized that PARIS and PETROVKSY were not for her, Mr. Big flew to Paris to get her there and get back to New York.



Plot: Carrie Bradshaw (Sarah Jessica Parker), a successful author, contributor editor on Vogue Magazine, and everyone’s favorite fashion icon next door, is back, as she continues to narrate her own story about sex, love, relationship, friends (Samantha (Kim Cattrall), Charlotte (Kristin Davis), and Miranda (Cynthia Nixon)) and fashion obsessed single woman in New York City (especially the stiletto shoes) after the hit series ended four years ago in HBO.


Also in the cast: Mr Big (Chris Noth), Carrie’s handsome yet elusive boyfriend. Steve Brady (David Eigenberg) as Miranda’s down to earth husband. Harry (Evan Handler), Charlotte’s loving and dependable husband. Smith (Jason Lewis), an actor, model, client, and devoted lover of Samantha. Louise (Jennifer Hudson), Carrie’s young and inexperienced but still label savvy assistant. Candice Bergen (Enid Frick), the editor of Carrie in Vogue.

(picture taken from VOGUE)


What I missed while watching this movie was their chatting about sex, BOTOX, and life. Who could unnotice the clothes, the bags, and the shoes; this is not Sex and the City if it wasn't for the signature brands? Thanks for the costume designer Patricia Field...(the lady who dress the ladies of SATC series and The devil wears prada)I know… I know Manolos was the star in the series but in the movie, it was Vivienne Westwood’s wedding couture gown who stole the show. I amazingly love the concept…oh I almost forgot the place of the wedding, the New York Public Library, I was shocked and never thought that it could be happened.

My rate: it would be a perfect 10…I just love and missed it.

Would love to wtch it over and over again.

No comments: