Thursday, May 08, 2008

Favorites!

So bored, can't find any interesting sites to look at. I am not a basketball fan so I don't read forums about basketball, neither other sports...Sports don't love me! I am not an online game addict like ran, level up or whatever game it is. The only game I play on my laptop is The Sims, I like building a house, design it, and expand it more. Since I am bored and nothing else to do besides working...hehehe. Would like to share some of my favorites....

Movie:

The Color Purple -- An adaptation to film by Steven Spielberg from Alice Walker's Pulitzer's Prize Novel.

Why I loved this movie? It Address the numerous issues in the black female life, including their exceedingly low position in American social culture and sometimes the explicit content, particularly in terms of violence in 1930's.

It was titled " The Color Purple" because of the conversation between Celie(Whoopi
Goldberg) and Shug(Margarette Avery) about faith, what God does to please people, Shug says, "I think it pisses God off if you walk by the color purple in a field somewhere and don't notice it." After Celie asks what God does in response to this obliviousness, Shug replies that he creates something else people will see, because God just wants to be loved.


TV Program/Series:

Sex And The City -- From Candace Bushnell's book turned into a six season smashing hit series by HBO.

Why I loved this series? It is not just the sex, love, or relationship but FASHION!

but As Micheal Patrick King said about Sex and the City...
People thought, oh it's just about sex or it's just about fashion. And then slowly over the years people start to see it's really about love ... and relationships ... and sex ... and basically the battlefield of trying to be in love—whether it be with another person or with yourself.


Music Artist:

Mariah Carey -- oh my God! I am a huge fan to maximum level....hehehehe Who could not love her? The best selling female artist in the history, surpassed Elvis Presley from most #1s hit and selling more than 160 million album since 1990's, tied at number 4 with Madonna and Janet of having the #1 album.

Song: Whenever
, Wherever, Whatever -- By Maxwell, just love it....
I Still Believe Remix -- By Mariah Carey featuring DA Brat and Bone Thugs N Harmony
Got Till Its Gone -- By Janet Jackson
Bachelorette And Its Oh So Quiet -- By Bjork


Food:

There are lots of food, dishes, or cuisine that I like, from Filipino to Italian to French to

Japanese To Chinese to Thailand to American cuisine. From Filipino food, I like most are the Kare-Kare(especially from the recipe of ate Edna and Kat's dad), Baked Oyster, Baked Tahong, Sopas, Laing from Goldilocks, Mechado from my grandmother's recipe, Pork Adobo from my sister and aunt Intang's recipe, Sinigang, and Bagoong (all kinds). From the Italian cuisine I honestly and deeply in love with their pasta especially the fettuccine and ravioli noodles...cannot resists! Who could not like PIZZA? Please comment..hahaha. What I like about French dishes is the style and elegance they added to their food. Japanese... aishitemasu! Love the Maki, love the sushi, love the tempura but hate Yakuza. Chinese, like the siomai, dumplings, siopao, and others. Thailand....CRUSTASIA! American? it would be TGI Friday's, Wendy's, KFC, MC Donald's, Krispy Kreme, California Pizza Kitchen, And Hard Rock Cafe (all food they serve). Not all food I eat, I don't like dinuguan, fried lumpia, and anything that contains "lamang loob".


(from left: kare-kare, Fettuccine Alfredo With Shrimp, Maki and Sushi platter)


(from left: fried dumplings, oyster rockefeller, Friday's pacific pork grill, thai ice tea)

No comments: